As soon as I wrote the last entry, I got over my block and finished a whole chapter.
Unfortunately when I became ‘unstuck’, I was supposed to be sleeping. You win some, and you lose some, I guess. [I’m used to not sleeping anyway.]
By the time I was done my daughter was awake, so I decided to do something low-key and practice on the tablet some more while she played quietly after breakfast.
There is improvement. I can’t figure out what I’m doing differently, but working with it this morning was definitely easier. It will be a while before I can use it for complicated things, but sketches are okay for now.
The only problem is that I am slow as hell still. It takes a million years to get an okay-ish sketch with the tablet, and I know I could do it in an hour or two with a mouse.
Then while I did that, my mind was free to wander so I debated release schedules for volume #1. On one hand, I’m excited to have people read the story, so I want to release it quickly. On the other hand, I don’t want to release it too fast and have it finish before volume #2 is ready. Ideally, I’ll have volume #2 ready and already be working on volume #3 by the time I finish posting #1 on here, but that is only ideally. I keep fluctuating between a chapter a month, and a chapter every two weeks, but I need to keep in mind that we’re planning to move in a month or two, and I may not be able to update immediately after. [Due to internet availability.]
I’ll have to think on it some more… there are different advantages to both, so I keep going in circles.